Membership of NTAFC for the coming 2019/2020 season is open. Click here for online registration. Membership runs from August 1 through to July 31. As an amateur volunteer based football club, we’ve committed to meeting the repayments on the clubhouse loan in excess of €250,000, bringing the total investment to date of €1.2m in Derryleigh Park. We see this as an investment in our local youth and their future as well as being a valuable resource for our community. Everyone’s support and patronage of the club, helps make our vision a reality.
This coming season, we will have upwards on 450 players playing on over 30 teams from Nippers to the Junior A team. Running a club of this size is a very costly business both on and off the pitch and the membership fee is an integral part of our income.
• Newport Nippers (U7 – born in 2013 or later) – €40
• U8 to U11 (born in 2009-2012) – €70
• U12 to U16 (born in 2004-2008) – €80
• U17 & U18 (born in 2002-2003) – €80
• Junior A,B & C – €90
• Non-playing member – €5 (voting right at AGM)
There are also family discounts where more than one child is registered with the club.
Membership fees contribute towards the following;
• Player & team registration fees with the various leagues (LDMC, LDSL & NTSFL)
• Repayments on €250,000 loan for our clubhouse.
• Player insurance (every registered player receives comprehensive insurance cover)
• Use of top-class training & playing facilities incl. floodlit astro-turf pitch and 2 grass pitches.
• Full use of new modern clubhouse.
• Access to training and match equipment including balls, jerseys, first aid kits, water bottles, bibs etc.
• Countless hours of training and on matchdays put in by our dedicated coaches and team managers.
• Entry fees to FAI National Cup competitions
• Maintenance and running costs of playing facilities and clubhouse in Derryleigh Park.
Despite the continued growth in playing numbers and facilities, the number of main committee & sub-committee members has remained very small and with an ever-increasing workload, an increased demand has been placed on their time. Again we would appreciate any offer of assistance from anyone in terms of assisting managers with teams, fundraising, sponsorship (incl jerseys, match balls, advertising signage), public relations and facilities maintenance. We would love to hear from you if you have any time, expertise or knowledge that you are prepared to share with us. As a committee, we don’t get everything right all of the time but we work hard and always try and do our very best for your club and our community.
To all our players, coaches, supporters, committee members, volunteers and their families, we wish you all the very best of luck for the new season and most importantly that you have fun, win, lose or draw. We extend a sincere thank you for your continued support.
Newport Town AFC Committee 2019/2020